Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Girls Got Up Early This Morning...

...and left Drax the Destroyer (a half-blind westhighland/ragmop mix, hideous to the eye) whimpering and moaning for Mandy. Making it difficult to sleep.

So I tried to bore myself to sleep by reading blogs about games I don't play and never will. Obviously I was unsuccessful. However, Mandy and Viv will be delighted to hear (On account of its International Woman's Day) I found another game they're gonna want to try...

The game's called TERA. Like Tera Patrick. Remind me to tell you some Tera Patrick stories sometime.

Real post later. Fuck I have to get to sleep. Got an interview at 1 and stuff to write.

Also, in addition to being International Woman's Day, it's British Pie Week, did you know that? Look it up. Shepherd's pie today. Gotta sleep. Delirious.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I first heard Tyra Banks was getting her own talk show I got her mixed up with Tera Patrick and got all excited about how the culture was changing and the networks were taking some risks.

In my corner of Britain we eat pasties - if you can track one down in LA it's worth it. And where I am now a shepherd's pie is called a hachis parmentier, which I think outdoes "royale with cheese."

thekelvingreen said...

It's British Pie Week? I didn't know that, and I'm British. Although not a pie.

Coopdevil said...

Is it? I better have a Balti Pie to mark this momentous occasion!

ravenconspiracy said...

From reading all these "games for girls" related posts and discussions, It seems like games which appeal to attractive, sexually liberated women portray women within the game usually as "smoking hot" and doing badass stuff.

I think we can all live with that. ^_^

Anonymous said...

So, thumbs down on the French Silk pie, then?

thekelvingreen said...

Frankly, I'm disgusted that I had to hear about it from someone on the other side of the world. What am I paying my licence fee for?

Taellosse said...

I approve of the idea of stories concerning Tera Patrick. :-)

Mange said...

@richardthinks: Eat pasties? I'm now thinking of Alice Cooper in my circle of burlesque friends...."I'll eat my pasties for lunch!!!"


Shit, I need to lay off the rum.

crowking said...

I don't care how much of a shit Tera might be, I'd play D&D with her. Even let her re-roll any fumbles...

Feystar said...

I'm with Kelvin on this one, I had absolutely no idea that it's pie week here. Well that's figured out one evening meal in the next couple of days, I make a mean shepards pie.

Oh and Tera looks interesting.

Feystar said...

Although technically I guess it's british pie week everywhere.

Mandy said...

My Shepard's Pie was awesome but I was missing the worcestershire sauce for my beef so it wasn't quite like mum's.

For Women's Day I took my girlfriend to get her boobs augmented. She went from an A to a C her doc is a magician. So in addition to cooking a real dinner I'm nurse Mandy for the next few days--week.

Mange said...

Worchestershire is killer for shepard's pie, but I've been wondering if sauteeing the beef in a combo of tabasco and whiskey gives it an interesting flavor that goes well with the potatoes. Man, now I'm craving my gf's shephard's pie.