Friday, February 5, 2010

A Delicate Subject

Anybody following Kimberly Kane on twitter may have noticed this gem on february 3rd--
"Three girls in my DnD group started their periods today. We're starting to cycle together..."

Yay.

Events from the Feb 3rd game which might be plausibly (maybe? possibly? please don't hit me) blamed on this:

-a player threatens to quit playing because the objective of their quest turns out to be easier than she originally thought

-a player argues that I'm not being fair because, in a certain enemies-waiting-to-see-what happens situation, instead of rolling initiative I rule that the PCs just automatically get to go first

-a PC sits out an entire fight to hang out in the room next to the fight reading a book about mushrooms.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

On the bright side, other gamers will envy you SLIGHTLY less now.

Of course, now that you have a data point of Feb. 3rd, you can schedule around future occurences.

vaudeviewgalor raandisisraisins said...

featured in blooper reel.

re: other post-hope one day you do a page by page illos for Moorcock's Cornelius Chronicles. with leg warmers and fangs.

Clovis Cithog said...

it is well established
that women who live together or
spend alot of time together
will cycle together

hence

the Italian proverb

"No house is big enough for TWO women."

papajoemambo said...

I had something clever that I thought I could add to this but Clovis has just blown me out of the water with the Italian proverb.

All I can think of is those days in University residence my first year away from home and realising that not only were all the women in our dorm cycling at the same time, but that they all wanted any of us with a Y chromasome dead - for about three days.

I love the fact that most of the gripes considted of things that normally anyone would have WANTED to happen.