Sunday, November 6, 2022

Dear Fiona Geist,

This is the fourth time I've tried to contact you about getting paid for your work on Demon City.

Our original deal was the standard one I did with contributors: you help write a section or edit some stuff and in exchange you get whatever you want, within reason--I could write, edit or draw something for you or just throw you some cash.

Before telling me what you wanted in return for the work you did, around Februrary 2019, you stopped answering messages or emails and wrote a public blog entry saying what you wanted as compensation was for me to publicly lie about a felony.

Since that's not just morally wrong and illegal but would also make it harder to bring my abusers to justice in order to prevent them from hurting more people, I can't pay you that way. 

I've tried contacting you privately, but no answer (last attempt was 3/3/2021). I think people should get paid for their work so I am making one last effort by posting this in public--since I know you read this blog.

So, email me at zakzsmith AT hawtmayle dawt calm.

-Z

4 comments:

Simon Tsevelev said...

That sounds quite fair to me, considering the circumstances.

RPG Chindit said...

I was delighted to receive Demon_City 11.5.22 when Mike sent out the links, and I'm very much looking forward to reading it and A Silver Cage when time allows.

remial said...

got my PDF of Demon City today, still looking through it, but man it looks amazing.

Zak Sabbath said...

@anon

No anonymous comments. If you want to know how to get a pdf, email me, zakzsmith AT hawtmayle dawt calm