Tuesday, September 20, 2022

A Fun Development

So there was this site called KiwiFarms.

I am not 100% sure how to describe it but it's easy to google everyone's takes. It seems to be mostly anonymous, like 4chan, so people just say bananas shit and troll and say things that basically aren't true.

The main thing, though, for me, is that a lot of people who harassed me were on there--and it recently got hacked and all their data was leaked. 

The second the news came out someone who was repeatedly--in real time online--harassing me, abruptly stopped.

So, basically:

If you know a game designer, or someone on twitter or on Reddit who has been claiming I did something wrong--check to see if they're still on the internet as this whole leak plays out.

If you think I did something wrong and you're reading this:

Ask that person again whether I did anything wrong and--if so--what exactly. There's a good chance they won't feel comfortable telling you any more.

For me, this is a huge break and improves my situation immensely. There was some vile right-wing shit on that site, and--as I hope you know by now--most of the people who signed on to my ex's attack weren't in earnest about it and often adopted fake personas in order to press their case.

----

Also: I am working on game stuff right now, so keep an eye out.

-

-

-


8 comments:

RPG Chindit said...

Good to hear your working on game stuff, looking forward to seeing it.

ConcernedComfyKid said...

the real question, Zak, is how many of these idiots weren't smart enough to use burner accounts. I would be shocked if the average TERF boomer was. There has been some frantic panic and screeching online from people claiming they used their work emails(???) and real name emails(????????????????????) to sign up on the site, but overall, knowing the IP address isn't that useful, and unless the email leads to a real person's name, then it won't be that big of a deal. Most of the focus on hacker groups is probably going to go straight to the people who specifically were doxxing and shit. It WILL be interesting to see how many Goons end up on the site and how they look with the mask off.

Zak Sabbath said...

@ConccernedComfyKid

Oh there's a LOT of useful info to mine from wannabe-anons even if people do use burner accounts.

It's odd you don't know that, considering.

shanepatrickward said...

I'm not really involved with anyone in the scene anymore. I honestly don't know if I ever was. I would ask these people if given the opportunity. I'm happy to hear that you are working on gaming stuff!

Jeff Bernstein said...

Happy to hear you're working on games stuff now!

Laricg99 said...

Hey Zak, I’m glad to hear that things have been better for you lately (well-deserved after all you’ve had to go through) and also excited that you’re creating new stuff!

snakeappletree said...

Hooray!

Zak Sabbath said...

@LFBR

Sorry, no anonymous comments.