*If you missed it, here I am being interviewed about a new unannounced project for LotFP as well as Demon City.
If you go "What's the new LotFP thing?" and you didn't watch it I'll just shake my head like mmmm
*Do you not have Vornheim yet? Really? It got reviewed again--this time by someone who went out and made their own city book right after.
*There's a kick-ass Lamentations Bundle and it goes to support the civil liberties organization that protected Steve Jackson Games from illegal search and seizure.
*D&DWPS rogue Satine Phoenix is playing D&D with D&D head honcho Mike Mearls for a kids' charity.
*Red & Pleasant Land is still up for game of the month
*Green Ronin still sucks and only pays lip service to LGBT rights.
Anyway, it's Demon Week
Doing open playtests for Demon City.
1. Real worldy Demon City names ("Alex Walsh") are harder to remember than D&D names. When playing with scads of new wonderful generous playtest volunteers all in one week, maybe ask if you can just use their actual names as their character names to keep it simple...
2. The official rule for Demon City action is "Everybody rolls, highest roller gets to do what they want then Any Action Not Interrupted By The Winning Actions And Which Doesn't Involve Anyone Else In A Clash Happens".
Q: Does running away from somebody "Involve someone else"?
3. How long does contact take to get back to you? This is pure luck but formalize it.
4. Character gen needs a chart, there's jusssst enough information that people can get confused about the math
5. Waiting for someone to come through the door counts as a round of aiming (extra die next round)
6. The best way to roll bad guy stuff is to roll the bad guy's dice then say "Anybody beat a...." 7, 8 whatever
7. There needs to be a mook rule, rolling 2-3 dice for 4-5 bad guys is dumb. Mooks always roll twice their skill, etc.
8. If you have 2 skills that could apply to a situation that should count for an extra die maybe? Need examples.
9. Rewrite character classes so that all of them have something that matters in character gen or in downtime, maybe? People are so panicked they forget to use class skills, and they tend to be the least important thing about a PC in play
10. What happens to Local Knowledge if you are in a multi-city campaign? Find a way this isn't a stupid choice.