Here are the answers to the Mad Libs Dungeon Generator....
The dungeon was originally a vast
1. type of building
2. intelligent race/group (plural)
but has been forgotten by most civilized races for eons. It was recently rediscovered due to the
3. natural disaster or cataclysmic event.
4. direction (north, east, etc.)
5. major intelligent boss-type baddie
suspects it may contain
6. some object or commodity that baddie wants
and has dispatched his/her
7. minions of that baddie (plural)
into the complex. They are unusual in that
8. some common substance
obeys their whims. They communicate via
9. nonverbal form of communication
and have devices facilitating this all over the complex.
Meanwhile a group of
12. another intelligent group/race (plural)
who entered through a secret entrance to the
13. a different direction than the first one (northwest, south, etc.)
suspects it may contain
14. some object or commodity that group/race wants.
Their leader is said to be strangely
and is also the
16. superlative adjective (biggest, fastest, etc.)
of the group and has a pet
17. monster that outclasses the party by 2 or 3 levels
that appears to obey his/her every whim. It roams the halls looking for
18. something that monster eats
but is afraid of
19. plural noun.
It's also far more
than the typical member of its species.
In recent weeks, the two groups have begun to skirmish in the halls.
Unbeknownst to either side, a superevolved, hyperintelligent,
21. unintelligent animal or monster
lives deep within, inside a network of tunnels leading eventually to
22. some cool treasure
which it prizes beyond all things.
It has constructed traps around its lair,
23. number between 2 and 5
24. ordinary kind of dungeon trap
25. something PCs always do when they go into a room
26. a number 1-3
stranger traps, informed by its bizarre alien intelligence, which cause
27. something weird and dangerous
to destroy intruders. The
28. (21 again)
can avoid the traps easily because it can
29. something that animal/monster can do that people can't.
The other factions have constructed about
30. number 2-5
traps each as well, but they are cruder, since they've been recently and hastily constructed.
In addition, there are the many hazards that are the legacy of the dungeons original inhabitants. No-one has yet discovered the secret passage
31. preposition (in, on, under, etc.)
32. common dungeon object
on on the 2nd level.
33. one of the monsters, animals, groups
34. unusual form of transportation (plural) (i.e. rockets, turtles, etc.)
to spy on the
35. one of the other monsters/animals/groups
and, if commandeered, these can be used to move from some parts of the dungeon to other parts, but only if treated properly--and there is always the danger of
36. hazard associated with that form of transportation.
The subtle influence of the cursed
37. valuable object or substance
39. common dungeon object
has caused nearly all of the inhabitants to become increasingly
40. state of mind associated with mentally illness
and to cause bizarre physical and mental deformities. Some have become obsessed with
41. plural noun
for reasons unknown.
Perhaps the most bizarre object in the dungeon is the so-called
Chamber" which the
43. one of the monsters/races/groups you've already used
fear above all things. However, beyond it there is a
44. character class
who hails from
45. the homeland of one of your PCs
and may aid him/her, though s/he envies the PC's
46. something unusual on that PC's character sheet (i.e. gloves of snaring, 18/00 strength, etc.)
and is so repulsed by the sight of
47. something commonly seen in dungeons.
The dungeon has no
48. something else commonly seen in dungeons
and its architecture resembles
49. an architectural style
50. common architectural feature (plural) (i.e. columns, archways, etc.)
are made of a mixture of
51. substance you'd see in an alchemist's lab
52. rare substance.
In addition to all that, it is said by some that, hidden deep within the complex, where no mortal has yet gone there is...
53. something totally fucking metal.
So: take that, get yourself a random dungeon generator, assign numbers to the things you just generated, and kill your friends.
The original post got 21 sets of responses, all of which seem juicy enough to make some fine and wholly formidable dungeons, but I am too lazy to do all the cutting, pasting, and typing necessary to piece them together right now.
If any of the people who responded feel like doing that now in the comments with your post or anyone else's, know now in advance that you are a scholar and a philanthropist and also rock...
d100 Hazards for old mine tunnels
10 hours ago