Monday, September 26, 2011

Vote For The Game You Wanna Play

I'm thinking about starting up a regular Constantcon game (as in I would run it, rather than I would watch my PC's dog kill bugbears and swoop in and suck up experience points). Like maybe once a month...

It will probably be run along the Rients Protocol--a rotating crew, with a random roll to see who is in each session from among the available applicants.

Vote for which of these sound like the most fun to you...

-Save Vornheim! This is true: Vornheim is under Vicksburg-esque siege by a very patient army of the undead. This is also true: my real life group is off on an island totally not helping. Luckily, your have been given a Regency Commission with full power to negotiate on behalf of the City State and your job is: travel to exotic lands, avoid being slain by exotic wildlife, find exotic bigwigs and get them to send troops up north to fight for the moral no-brainer cause of living people v. dead people. You will have your choice of where you go and who you negotiate with: The merciless White Elves? The shiny, chivalrous and suspiciously polite court of King Narthex? The dinosaur-riding princes of the Drowned Archipelago? The Pale Queen from East of the Sarpathian Mountains and her host of beast riders? The Goblin Lords of Gaxen Kane who speak backwards and walk on the ceiling? Or just take the diplomatic gifts and fucking book? Also: monsters and fighting. FLAILSNAILS PCs welcome.

-Secret Wars: Mighty Marvel FASERIP style, with people playing the 20-odd actual heroes from the actual original comic. No, you can't all be Wolverine. It might be neat if we could get groups playing together to actually be actual superhero groups (like everyone in week 1 is in the Fantastic 4, week 2 is X Men, week 3 is Avengers, etc.) but that part may just be to much to ask of the gods of order. If the campaign keeps going, I may do some other crossovers, though not Secret Wars 2 and seriously fuck Civil War.

-Totally Fucking Random Game Of The Month: Dropped in the middle of the Wilderlands with nothing but a backpack and a mule? 5-page FASERIP adventure from the back of the Avengers Sourcebook? Keep On The Borderlands with added Tzeentch? Homemade Star Trek mission? This one-page dungeon I found under my socks? Who knows what you'll be playing? It's a mystery every night! Some assembly required.

-Sector Throne: Open-ended sword-and-planet starbox mashing up Warhammer 40k, Gigacrawler, Gamma World and every other sci-fi setting I can rip off. Mandy is really into Dark Heresy so if she's in she'll be playing a mechanicus. System will be a simplifying hack of Dark Heresy with character generation options letting you be pretty much whatever a la Gigacrawler if the Games Workshop packages don't work for you. I'll probably try to run it like a string of Weird Space Problem Of The Week one-shots.

Vote!

I have no idea what time of day I'll run these, my circadian rhythms have gone haywire lately.

38 comments:

Allandaros said...

Vornheim! The role of emissaries and negotiators is a great one.

gdbackus said...

I like the sound of both Vornheim & Sector Throne. Re: circadian arythmia - it might be from the weird energies of g+ iteself...

James said...

Vornheim!

mordicai said...

As someone unlikely to play any Constacon games, Save Vornheim! sounds the most fun to HEAR about. Or you know, jamming that with Sector Throne might be neat, too-- save Vornheim...by convincing some dudes in power armor to butcher a bunch of skeletons!

GrayPumpkin said...

Save Vornhiem is my numero uno choice. The secret Wars idea sounds like a lot of fun too.

Unknown said...

I'd love to help save Vornheim! Can't wait to see what crazy people and things (the things are also people) you devise for the setting.

S. P. said...

I probably won't be on Constantcon much — I haven't yet, anyway — but I'd vote for Save Vornheim. (Followed by Totally Fucking Random followed by Sector Throne.)

Tom Lando said...

I'd love to try saving Vornheim, though I don't know if I'll be available and I probably don't actually know how to roll a character for it. This would be a good way to get me started in Constantcon I figure though.

Nate said...

I vote for all of them, or its closest equivalent, TFRGotM. (They all sound so good.)

David Rollins said...

While these all work for me, Vornheim is my favourite.

Baron said...

TFRGotM!

Kiel Chenier said...

I vote for Sector Throne.

Have grown tired of medieval fantasy as of late.

Nate L. said...

I'd totally play Sector Throne.

John Johnson said...

Save Vornheim followed very closely by Sector Throne.

Unknown said...

Save Vornheim!

Sigmund said...

I vote Totally Fucking Random Game of the Month. Love the idea of backpack/mule/dropped in Wilderlands especially. Sector Throne would be my close second.Save Vornheim would be third for me.

SirAllen said...

Save Vornheim followed by Random.

thekelvingreen said...

This is too difficult. It's either Save Vornheim! or Secret Wars, and I can't decide.

I'll roll a d6; odds Save Vornheim!, evens Secret Wars.

2. Bring on the Beyonder.

Unknown said...

Sector Throne, with Save Vornheim a close second.

Mike D. said...

Secret Throne! For the Emperor!

Kyle said...

As another person who be a randomly playing(if at all) PC, Vornhiem or random.

O. G. R. Raymond said...

Save Vornheim, followed closely by Sector Throne! Cannot waait!

Richard said...

Sector Throne.... Blood for the Blood God.

patch101 said...

TFRGotM sounds legit.

Kerstan said...

Zak, I'm a long time lurker and love the blog. I got Google+ for ConstantCon and created a blog profile just to comment here -- Vornheim first, Totally Random second, Sector Throne a close third and even last Secret Wars would be fun. I can be emailed at kerstanszcz (at) ay-oh-el (dawt) calm, and keep up the great work.

Keith Sloan said...

Definitely "Save Vornheim."

Kindling said...

What Tom Lando said.

Seth S. said...

I think Sector Throne, followed by Secret Wars then Save Vornheim!

Nightflyer said...

That's a tough choice - I'd play any of them quite happily.
But as we're voting...

1. Secret Wars!
2. Sector Throne!
3. Totally Random!
4. Save Vorheim!

Trent_B said...

Vornheim.

Though I won't be able to play for a while since I'm heading overseas to murder people who dont really understand why! Yaaaaaaay =\

Mandy Morbid said...

Sector Throne or Secret Wars! Vornheim belongs to Tizane and crew and maybe they deserve to be destroyed.

Anonymous said...

1. Secret Wars, the "Days of Futures Present". Civil War was a bust, so the governmnet has engaged the Sentinel Program against ALL metahumans, Hero & Villain alike. Have fun!

2. Sector Throne. Let the Galaxy Burn!

Nick said...

Vornheim or Sector Throne

Unknown said...

First choice, Vornheim. Second choice, Sector Throne. Third choice, Random Game.

Unknown said...

Sector Throne

Jesse said...

Sector Throne! And I'd like to hear about your Dark Heresy hack no matter what.

Rainforest Giant said...

Sector Throne or Secret Wars.

Destrude said...

Sector Throne is primus, Save Vornheim is segundus.

Also, I'm done working nights for now, so as soon as I catch up on sleep I can start running and playing games again! Joy and rapture!