Monday, September 12, 2016

Current Stack of Boxes


 You can accumulate tons of cute DM stuff but it's useless if it's too much of a pain to get to,
which is why I have a collection of kits, cases and jewelry boxes.

This one on the top is a pretty typical sewing kit box. 

Got it from the antique mall in New Orleans and paid a little
too much for it because the drawers were unusually deep.

It's packing-taped to the top of the wheely-thing. Inelegant but it works.




The skull is for skeletons, which I got a lot of on account of starting my campaign
with Death Frost Doom and then Reaper sponsoring I Hit It With My Axe




The international symbol for "goblin"

Jewelry box from a place here in downtown LA


These were made using the Instant Easy Lazy Dungeon Block method

Most of these are just complete sets (4-6-8-10-10-12-20) for folks
who forgot their dice.

GM's dice, including all the weird novelty dice, plus dungeon life bendy walls.
Not pictured is my diy pop-o-matic bubble, which scares the dog so I only use it
when I'm running games on the road, so it's in the alligator-skin salesman's case.

Thin clear plastic case in the middle.


I filled it with things I think I'd forget I have unless they were
in a clear case.




Two newly painted PCs. Hannah has a chameleon-woman paladin (left) which I made
by taking a Werner Klocke-sculpted woman (his tend to have big triangular heads) and
emphasizing the shadows under her eyebrows).


Lots of wolves and corpses, naturally.

Just repainted this succubus to look like Lady Crucem Capelli
for Maze of the Blue Medusa games. Of course now that I went to all
that effort they'll probably never go back in that dungeon again.


Anything called anything"men" goes here: snakemen, mushroom men,
beastmen, scorpionmen, turtlemen.

This is a book for some video game, it's in Japanese.

I put whatever in it.



These are for people who forgot their dice.
Comes in a delivery-sushi box because the more likely
a person is to not have their own dice, the more likely
they are to roll it off the table if they don't use a box.


7 comments:

msilver said...

These are too cool. Makes me think I need to up my DM-gear Game. I just have a bunch of index cards, pencils, an egg timer, and a big-ass bag of dice.

SC78 said...

Sushi box idea with dice is a winner...nothing like putting the game on hold to find that die under the table that is both a hit and a miss until located.

Jay Murphy said...

"alligator-skin salesman's case" sounds like a better line from a Dylan song than "leopard-skin pillbox hat". Actually it makes me hope I'm telling people a story some day which starts out something like "I wasn't concerned until she pulled out the alligator-skin salesman's case." No, I want to rip it off and use it as a Mcguffin in a Fear & Loathing USR adventure.

Konsumterra said...

looks like you found it in a dungeon

Ro said...

Like to see stuff that is well used. Effing bee-yoot-a-full.

Korean Kodiak aka Evil Eli said...

As a long time miniature painter, neat storage idea but.....

Preserve your paint jobs, Foam lining is your friend......

After I paint my miniatures I hit all of them with a spray coat of gloss coat, let dry, then a coat of flat.

It make the paint jobs more durable to handling, it is amazing how much damage the secretions in our hands can do to a nice paint job.

Korean Kodiak aka Evil Eli said...

As a long time miniature painter, neat storage idea but.....

Preserve your paint jobs, Foam lining is your friend......

After I paint my miniatures I hit all of them with a spray coat of gloss coat, let dry, then a coat of flat.

It make the paint jobs more durable to handling, it is amazing how much damage the secretions in our hands can do to a nice paint job.