Why Am I Tossing This Game Product Aside In Disgust? Roll D20
1. Stats for 9 NPCs, no reason given why they're interesting or I couldn'tna just made them up.
3. 2 sentences in a row explaining what a barn is.
4. Boar's Hoof Tavern described like I was going maybe have lunch there rather than, say, have a made-up person go there in a game.
5. Paragraph with backstory stretching back 5 years explaining why there's...4 medusas in a room.
6. "Greater" version of monster given stats and shit like it's a new monster.
7. Villain's business model based on casting Cone of Cold over and over.
8. Sentence "The merchants do a bustling business in olive oil, kank nectar, and the decorated pottery produced by the citys famous potters" considered worthy of inclusion.
9. Gully dwarves.
10. Random encounter table full of giant spiders, giant rats, and skeletons
11. "Including two Wands of...".
12. Boxed text.
13. Long paragraph detailing organization and ethos of fictional institution used to explain it is identical to organization and ethos of extant and common real-life institution.
14. Towns set up to handle dungeoneers as if they were 49ers.
15. NPCs that talk like 49ers.
16, Human-animal hybrid monster accompanied by that same animal it is hybrided with like as if they met because they were next to each other in the dictionary.
17. Expectation-undermining twist replaces a thing that's cliche-because-it's-exciting with less-exciting-but-hey-not-cliche thing.
18. Villains are just some guys in robes.
19. "Any character donning a gargoyle cloak is able to fly, attack, etc. as if a gargoyle, just as did the zombies."
20. Shaman with implied sandals.