Though I still envy Shiro's undead mastodon.
The group's plan for Sunday was to lounge by the rooftop pool picking through the 3.5 player's book picking spells and otherwise talking strategy while I repaired the miniatures, nailed down the army's mechanical gimmicks and kept an eye on the new pet gecko--and then to order delivery and have an epic fight at sundown until everyone was dead or too tired to move.
Which is a fucking Sunday right there.
I already had some character sheets for the new players...
Good news is I have at least a few more days to tighten the screws--I got terrain choices mapped out, army speeds, composition of the sides, some mass combat resolution rules, and some puzzley elements to the skeleton horde's combat profile but I am of the opinion that you can never have too much freakshow in a set piece like this if you know it's coming.
Also, Google + is helping organize the city's defense.
The ones going in so far...
1. Mulak the Bold has recently discovered the Immortal Zoo of Ping Feng wherein many powerful mystical animals are said to reside.
2. Kaip Dorn owner of the Stuck Pig butchery has 20 50-gallon barrels of pig fat that can be turned in to napalm with a few simple additives
3. Roger: a large fellow with a series of different mining tools, he knows how to use them all and has a few different people in his employ to work them too.
4. Mildred Kack, midwife, has a bathtub filled with holy water, blessed by a vagrant (and slightly crazed) cleric
5. Laurent: A low level thief who runs a gang of child informants that are known as excellent scouts and look outs. They know the surrounding area well.
6. Kert Thew, a local chemist, has developed a musk that disguises living creatures as undead. Though it only works on the mindless ones. There is perhaps enough of the musk for d4+1 creatures, as it is difficult to gather the rare herbs during this season.
7. Obsessive compulsive hoarder Mikanos Raedronovic has amassed the largest collection of broken crockery the world has ever seen. It is organized and suborganized by place setting, general design, pattern design, color, and break location. He died of blood loss after falling in to a mountainous pile of: Soup bowls, Orside Revivalist, Classic Rust, Lip crack His well-known collection remains unclaimed.
8. Loris the weak minded: A simpleton who has memorized all sewer pipes, canals, and waterways within and up to the exit of the city walls including many secret exits. He cannot handle stress and will only speak about waterways. Has no social skills and does not know how to interact with individuals. Lives with his doting mother.
9. The antipope of Vorn Rhombicus I. could be found and convinced to come out of hiding helping with his turn undead abilities. That would probably cause the hitherto unknown rift in the church of Vorn to come to the public and may cause civil unrests when clerics of Vorn start taking sides on either pope's side.
10. Helvetica Black runs a small printshop off Delerium Lane. In one of her more drunken moments she swore she did the typography for the Book of the Dead— and she stole the printer's proof. (also, my next FS character).
11. Gus the Grub- an anarchist pig farmer with 2d20 pigs.