Thursday, August 1, 2024

Hell Sent Me Back


I'm back publishing games with Lamentations of the Flame Princess. Details about all that here.

Right now there's an adventure available at Gen Con--In The Night Fortress. It is free at the LotFP table booth 2937.
I've playtested it a few times and I kinda love it, because it has a central problem to solve that can be got past socially, magically, with combat,  with trickery or a bunch of different ways, but is weird enough that it will probably require all three.

Y'know how the tooth-sacrifice door that James wrote in Death Frost Doom was cool because every time you ran it you were like "I wonder how they're gonna get a tooth..."--well this adventure is kind of all that way. Kinda accidentally. It's very much a "Oh how are they gonna do this?"adventure.

I am very happy with it.

Also it has cheetahs. They were fun to paint.

So, yeah, there will also be some new LotFP stuff from me. Big stuff? Yeah.

One more funny piece of news:

Remember Fiona Geist from Dr Weisman's article? The one who said in the audio that she wanted LotFP to go bankrupt and she'd buy it for pennies on the dollar and then had that whole rant about how her co-harasser was a jerk?

Well she just walked up to James and Gen Con and was like "Hi!". 

Not like "I'm so sorry I was in that whole hatemob and then admitted it on tape" just "Hi!".
-
-

12 comments:

Simon Tsevelev said...

The cheetahs look gorgeous.

Steven A. Torres-Roman said...

Congratulations and welcome back.

Stuart said...

Watched the video. "...James is better than them..." I nearly shed a tear.

Anyway, I'm glad that apologies are now starting to be made publicly, that things will be published and that you will be able to live a better life.

However, I won't be able to attend Gen Con. Should we expect this adventure to appear later in pdf or in a paid version? Or will it remain an artifact for the lucky ones?

Zak Sabbath said...

@Stuart

I'll be able to live a better life when people who didn't want my life destroyed become as active online as the people who did. That's when it happens.

As for the adventure:
If y'all are good, maybe. If I'm dead: I guess it's up to James.

HandsOfVecna said...

Oh man ITS THAT ONE. That was a mindfuck. Not sure me and Simon ever really "solved it". I'd totally go back in that damn palace though. It's the stuff of good adventures: deadly and requires creative problem solving.

Simon Tsevelev said...

We didn't die, it's a victory in my book.
That said, I'd totally go back there, too.

trollsmyth said...

Great to see you working with James again. Very much looking forward to seeing what you two get up to.

Zak Sabbath said...

@trollsmyth

Tell people.

tre hardest said...

Hell yeah! Can't wait to see (and buy) new RPG material from you.

Joe Bide said...

"Paint" and "manipulate photos with my computer" are a new synonym for me.

Zak Sabbath said...

@Joe Bide

Who manipulated photos with a computer?

Simon Tsevelev said...

I suppose it could be hard for people to believe that detailed and accurate art could be actually just that - art. Like those muscles and tendons in Michelangelo's statues.
Though smart people don't run around accusing Michelangelo of turning people into stone, I don't think.